Sunday, August 19, 2012

Quick Tip #1(breadcrumbs)

I didn't really have time to do a whole recipe today because I spent all day making food, i did make a ton of stuff! Avocado chicken salad for lunches, breakfast burritos, salmon, asparagus, parmesan roasted potatoes, peach cake/crumble, AND no bakes. But I did want to post a little something.

I saw a tip recently about using up what I like to call the "butt" of your loaf of bread. I personally don't mind them, but usually it's Nathan who is eating the sandwiches...and he doesn't really care for them. Now he'll eat 'em if I send 'em (he's sweet like that), but I usually try not to :)

Any-who... I was already baking, so I followed the tip I saw and threw those bad boys in the oven. I didn't even put them on a cookie sheet! About 5 minutes later (maybe 10, I didn't really time it), I pulled them out and let them cool.

Then I threw them in the food processor with some garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and a shake of S&P. Once it was done, I put them in a (mostly) empty parmesan cheese can. I had a few half empty boxes of breadcrumbs already in the pantry so I mixed them in and shook it up too. SO, to review:
-bake the bread slices
-grind up in food processor or blender with garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
-put in your desired container.

That's all folks! Hope you like it. Comment if you would like more quick tips!

No comments:

Post a Comment